CLIMBING / ABSEILING
Becks Bay is provides when of the best coastal traditional climbing in the UK, and is listed in many climbing guides. We welcome climbers to stay with us at Becks Bay, and if your new to climbing; Climb Pembroke offer climbing courses in our area.
(excluding Tenby (3) and caldey (3) which are also great)
- Swan lake (above) – a hidden treat great on high and low tides (best on high), not suitable for stroller, you can drive across farm land and park above the beach. Very secluded often visited by nudists though! Good luck finding this.
- Skrinkle Haven – very close to us, there are 2 bays, steep steps from to Church Doors cove, you can swim to skrinkle haven but on low tide you can access skrinkle via a cave – its normally deserted so a great low tide beach. Definitely no stroller.
- Penally beach (below) – just 1m east, this is great for stroller / bikes, path from Penally railway station. The beach is the West end of the enormous Tenby South Beach. I only go here on high tide – there is a botched up concrete pier / water pipe on the West end and when the tide is in it feels like the med (on a good day). It is lovely.
- Lydstep Haven – our Farm overlooks this bay; you can park right by the beach. It was a stunning bay 50 years ago, now a private resort.
- Barafundle – probably the prettiest beach in the country, 15 minute cliff walk from Stackpole Quay and tea room (Stackpole inn by here is a good pub. also further along this coast is Broad Haven beach, the Lilly ponds, st goven’s chapel and the green bridge of Wales – a full day out. could use stroller to get around the Lilly ponds.
Wales has the highest concentration of Castles and Pembrokeshire has the pick of these, within a 15 minute drive we have Manorbier Castle, Pembroke castle, Carew Castle and also the Lamphey Palace – fortified bishops palace.
- Walking the Pembrokeshire coast path
- Climbing – Becks Bay is one of the best places in the UK for traditional climbing and also abseiling – Contact Climb Pembroke – 07732972643
- Coasteering – made up in Pembrokeshire go cliff jumping and exploring the coast near Becks Bay (Tenby coasteering – 07880764892)
- Surfing – Try Outer Reef Surf School 01646 680070, or just bring a board down to Manorbier, Broad Haven or Freshwater West
- Paddle Boarding – In Saundersfoot call Alain – 07784354400 – Good Trails
- Boat trip – visit Caldey island or go on a seal safari around the island (Tenby boat trips – 07980864509)
- Ritic Valley Quad bikes – (01834 843390)
- Golf Trefloyne and Tenby courses are both within 2 miles.
- Horse riding – Marros Riding Centre
- Heatherton Activity Park – 01646 652000
- Oakwood – Theme Park
- Folly Farm – Outstanding day out for smaller kids
- The Dinosaur Park – kids play park
- Hanger 5 – trampolining
- National Botanical Gardens of Wales – In Nantgaredig is a good day